Why are Jack Russell Terriers so popular?
How much does it cost to keep a JRT?
What kind of behavioral problems do JRTs have?
That little Jack Russell Terrier puppy is so adorable-but is he the right dog for you? Many prospective dog owners don't ask the questions they should when they're deciding to bring a new puppy home. Now, the What About? series is here to help you understand the real-life implications of your decision, saving you time, money, and potential heartache-and protecting you and the dog from the consequences of an inappropriate choice.
Drawing upon the expertise of Jack Russell Terrier breeders, owners, rescue organizations, veterinarians, and trainers, What About Jack Russell Terriers? provides honest, reliable advice on what it's really like to own a JRT-no punches pulled. In a friendly, easy-to-follow Q&A format, author Audrey Pavia offers solid, proven guidance on everything you need to know about raising a JRT, including:
Breed characteristicsBehaviorCosts of ownershipDevelopment in all life stagesDietExercise requirementsGenetics and why it's importantHealth and general careTemperamentTraining requirementsWorking with behaviorists, trainers, and veterinariansAnd more
Don't be taken by surprise. Get the answers you need now-before you get that Jack Russell Terrier puppy-and make a smart, informed decision.
About the Author
Table of Contents1. What Exactly Is a Jack Russell Terrier?
2. How Does a Jack Russell Terrier Behave?
3. How Will My Jack Russell Terrier Grow and Develop?
4. How Healthy Are Jack Russell Terriers?
5. What Should My Jack Russell Terrier Eat?
6. How Much Exercise Does a Jack Russell Terrier Need?
7. What’s Involved in Training a Jack Russell Terrier?
8. How Do I Groom My Jack Russell Terrier?
9. Where Should I Get My Jack Russell Terrier?
10. What About Registering My Jack Russell Terrier?
How Can I Learn More?