From the author of the bestselling Why We Suck comes a searing comic look at these divisive times, skewering liberals and conservatives alike with a signature dose of sarcasm and common sense.
In an America so gluten-free that a box of jelly donuts is now a bigger threat than Vladimir Putin, where college kids are more afraid of Ann Coulter than HIV, it’s time for someone to stand up and make us all smell the covfefe. Dr. Denis Leary is that guy.
With Why We DON’T Suck: And How All of Us Need to Stop Being Such Partisan Little Bitches, Denis is on a devoted mission to #MakeAmericaLaughAgain. Using the clamorous political atmosphere as a starting point, he takes a bipartisan look at the topics we all hold so dear to our patriotic hearts—including family, freedom, and the seemingly endless search for fame and diet vodka.
Denis will answer important questions like: When will Hillary blame herself? Why does Beyoncé think he’s Bryan Adams? And why doesn’t he follow the millennial lead and post pictures of his food on social media? (Spoiler alert: He’s too busy actually eating it.)
Not that Denis has anything against millennials: “When it comes to science, math, and technological advances, this generation has done more in three and a half decades than any other age group in history. What did my generation do? Cocaine and quaaludes mostly. With a side order of really stupid haircuts.”
Dr. Leary is here to remind us of what truly makes America great, even though we’re #7 on the most recent list of Best Countries to Live In. Which may sound bad but means we still make the playoffs.
|Product dimensions:||5.21(w) x 8.01(h) x 0.68(d)|
About the Author
DENIS LEARY is a five-time loser at the Emmy Awards. And the Golden Globes. He hopes to one day also lose an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Tony. His first literary foray Why We Suck: A Feel Good Guide to Staying Fat, Loud, Lazy and Stupid was a New York Times bestseller but not nominated for the National Book Award. In his long and storied entertainment career, Leary has also never won The Stanley Cup, The Nobel Peace Prize, or an argument with his wife. He looks forward to playing Kellyanne Conway in the President Trump biopic.
Read an Excerpt
SHORTEST OPENING CHAPTER EVER
Excerpted from "Why We Don't Suck"
Copyright © 2018 Denis Leary.
Excerpted by permission of Crown/Archetype.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Enjoyable read for anyone stuck in the middle of our political reality.
I like Denis Leary as an actor and a comedian. Unfortunately, like most comedians, Leary has hopped on the Liberal train. But hey - he's free to express his opinion, like so many other Liberals who have written flaming literary rants about the Trump administration, conservatives and the NRA. And like so many other Liberals who have lost their minds since the election, Leary, who proclaims he is pro-free speech and anti-racist, doesn't believe Christians have the same right to freedom of speech or religion. Again, I have NO problem with any of that - this is America and he's free to think however he wants. What I did have a problem with is that this book was marketed [and he even says in the beginning that it is intended] as an equal opportunity offender - a totally non-partisan shredding of the ridiculousness of politics in general, and both parties specifically. This, however, is a lie. 95% of this book is spent attacking the aforementioned targets, and the other 5% mentions Hillary and her emails. I understand that Leary's doctorate was not earned through attending classes and writing a thesis - it was an honorary doctorate. But I didn't realize he was so bad at math. I would have been fine of it was even a 70/30 attack weighted against conservatives, but no... 95/5 comes no where close to being non-partisan. And I've heard enough Liberal whining to last me the rest of my life. But because I also believe in free speech, I'm finishing the whole book, despite my disappointment in being misled about the content. Because when it comes down to it, I still like the guy, despite his politics. Too bad so many Liberals can't give conservatives and Christians with the same regard.
True,so funny and so spot on !!!! ?