About the Author
Rita E. Urquijo-Ruiz is Associate Professor of Spanish and Transnational Mexican Literature and Culture at Trinity University. Her areas of interest are Mexican and Chicana/o literatures and cultures, gender and sexuality, as well as theater and performance studies.
Table of Contents
- Preface: Wild Tongues/Lenguas Necias
- Chapter 1: From the Carpa to the Novel: The Peladito in Las aventuras de Don Chipote, o Cuando los pericos mamen
- Chapter 2: Las Peladitas: Gender and Humor in Teatro de Carpa
- Chapter 3: Transnational Pachucada: Artistic Representations in Film, Theater, and Music across the Border
- Chapter 4: Of Wild Tongues and Restless Bodies: María Elena Gaitán's Performance Art
- Chapter 5: Beyond the Comfort Zone: Dan Guerrero's ¡Gaytino!
- Conclusion: Connecting the Past with the Present