This item is not eligible for coupon offers.
A fill-in book from the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto, authors of the best-selling 642 Things series. Focus on a single aspect of the craft of writing with help from the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto. Writing Humor starts with a foreword by author Chris Colin, who offers pointers for developing your own comedic style. The rest of the book consists of prompts and space to write, providing opportunities to explore your voice in various hilarious scenarios. Among other ideas, you’ll be asked to write:
- an account of a bachelor, from the perspective of his refrigerator
- a Craigslist ad for something you are desperate to sell
- a eulogy to a pair of jeans that no longer fit
- an evaluation of a coworker in the form of a school report card
- a list of embarrassing moments that are funny in hindsight
- Paperback with textured cover stock, flaps, and a lay-flat binding
- Advice from a published writer, followed by fill-in prompts and space to write
- Part of a collection of single-subject writing prompt books by the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto
About the Author
The San Francisco Writers’ Grotto is a community of writers that was founded in 1994. It now has more than 100 members who share workspace and teach classes in downtown San Francisco. Chris Colin is the author most recently of What to Talk About, and the coauthor of This Is Camino, which was nominated for a James Beard Award.
San Francisco, CA