Aamya’s ABC’s to Good Nutrition is a fun filled, educational journey for all children and many adults. No matter what category in which you fall: kids, teens or mature adults, parents will shine in the delight of sharing the experience of this children’s coloring book that will teach everyone the joy of eating fruits and vegetables.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.09(d)|
Read an Excerpt
Aamya's ABC's to Good Nutrition
By Velonda Thompson
AuthorHouseCopyright © 2016 Velonda Thompson Ph.D.
All rights reserved.
Veggie & Fruit Facts
1. Apples provide children with lots of energy, full of vitamins A, B, and C. They are loaded with potassium and fiber.
2. Asparagus is loaded with fiber, minerals and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and K. Asparagus is good for bone health.
3. Bananas help growing bodies develop resistance to infections. Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
4. Beets are high in Vitamin B and C along with fiber, minerals and antioxidants.
5. Broccoli provides about 75 milligrams of calcium, about 1.2 milligrams of iron and about 5 grams of protein per one cup of cooked broccoli.
6. Cabbage is loaded with nutrients and vitamins that help build muscle and strengthen the eyes.
7. Cantaloupe is a good source of blood building B vitamins, vitamin A and vitamin C. Also high in potassium.
8. Carrots are rich in fiber known for helping good eyesight. A sliced carrot looks like the human eye.
9. Dates contain vitamins A which help maintain healthy skin. Dates are also a good source for vitamin B-6.
Excerpted from Aamya's ABC's to Good Nutrition by Velonda Thompson. Copyright © 2016 Velonda Thompson Ph.D.. Excerpted by permission of AuthorHouse.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.