Want it by Thursday, October 18
Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
From the award-winning author of Autism Spectrum Disorders, comes Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum, a complete guide to the cognitive, emotional, social, and physical needs of preteens and teenagers with autistic disorders, ranging from the relatively mild Asperger's Syndrome to more severe ability impairment. Using clear examples, practical advice, and supportive insights, this book covers:
- Health risks such as seizures and depression
- Treatments, therapies, and teaching strategies
- Teaching skills to cope with puberty, self-care, and social skills
- Teenage emotions, sexuality, appropriate relationships, and dating
- Middle school, high school, and developing an Individual Educational Program
- Preparing for life after high school
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.71(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Chantal Sicile-Kira, author of Autism Spectrum Disorders, is a national speaker and advocate who has been involved with autism spectrum disorders for nearly 20 years, first as a professional and then as a parent. She currently hosts a weekly radio show, "The Real World of Autism with Chantal," on Autism One Radio. Her company, Autism Making a Difference, Inc., provides workshops and training materials.