Want it by Tuesday, October 23?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Are you a sugar addict? Beating Sugar Addiction ForDummies provides you a safe and healthy path to overcome youraddiction, eliminate stress eating, and upgrade your nutrition fora healthier lifestyle.
Sugar addiction is a rapidly growing epidemic that can lead toobesity, chronic fatigue, diabetes, and a host of other medical andpsychological problems. Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummieshelps those who are affected by this commonly overlooked addictionto outsmart their sugar cravings and overcome their addiction. Thetips in this book will help you:
- Learn to stop stress eating and perform a nutrition makeoverthat makes the low-sugar lifestyle easy!
- Stop the frustration of yo-yo dieting, and finally find aneating plan that works.
- Free yourself from the grip of sugar addiction and regaincontrol over your life.
Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies contains everythingyou need to start your journey down the road to wellness:
- Four common types of sugar addicts – which one areyou?
- Finally understand carbs, protein, and fat with a simplenutrition system for weight loss and healthy eating, including whatto choose and what to stay away from
- Detoxing from sugar and performing a kitchen makeover
- Eating mindfully – making purposeful decisions instead ofstress eating
- How to survive holidays, restaurants, and specialoccasions
- Building a support system
- Exercise programs for energy and weight loss
- Speedy low-sugar recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks,and desserts
- Staying on track and breaking the cycle of failure –including a step-by-step list of exactly what to do when a sugarcraving strikes!
If you're one of the millions of people worldwide who relies toomuch on sugar for energy, comfort, or convenience, Beating SugarAddiction For Dummies is your no-nonsense guide to decreasingyour sugar intake, losing weight, and changing your life for thebetter!
About the Author
Dan DeFigio is one of the most respected names in the fitness and nutrition industry. His articles have appeared in numerous professional journals, and his workshops have been presented in many cities across the United States. He has appeared on the Dr. Phil show and was featured in SELF Magazine, MD News, Personal Fitness Professional, and a host of other publications.
Table of Contents
Part I: Are You a Sugar Addict or a Sweet Freak? 7
Chapter 1: Moving from Sugar Addiction to Sugar Reduction 9
Chapter 2: Figuring Out Why You’re Addicted to Sugar19
Chapter 3: The 4-1-1 on Sugar and Carbs 31
Chapter 4: How Sugar Contributes to Chronic Health Problems49
Part II: Developing Your Low-Sugar or No-Sugar FoodPlan 65
Chapter 5: Creating a Sustainable Plan: The Basics of Nutritionand Portions 67
Chapter 6: Stocking a Low-Sugar Kitchen 89
Chapter 7: Sugar Detox 101 105
Part III: Living a Successful Sugar-Busting Lifestyle115
Chapter 8: Eating Mindfully 117
Chapter 9: Breaking the Cycle of Failure and Staying On Track127
Chapter 10: Navigating the Minefields of Eating Out and SpecialOccasions 145
Chapter 11: Getting a Boost from Your Support System 153
Chapter 12: Sugar-Busting Moves: Incorporating Exercise 161
Part IV: Sugar-Busting Recipes 191
Chapter 13: Energy-Boosting Breakfasts 193
Chapter 14: Powerful Lunches 205
Chapter 15: Nourishing Dinners 219
Chapter 16: Satisfying Snacks 235
Chapter 17: Sin-Free Desserts 249
Part V: The Part of Tens 263
Chapter 18: Ten Surprising Foods to Leave at the Grocery Store265
Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Outwit Your Cravings 271
Appendix: Metric Conversion Guide 275
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Beating Sugar Addiction For Dummies. This book is down to earth in it's approach to obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. The author shows knowledge of and compassion for people with sugar and food addiction encouraging some to seek professional help to achieve a whole and balanced life. I liked the book especially the four quizzes which help me identify my personal struggle and gave advise on how to more forward. I have been following this advise and losing three pounds a week without pills starving counting points or over exercising. One just can't argue with success! I give this 4 stars