Becoming a Category of One reveals how extraordinary companies do what they do so well and gives you the tools and ideas to help your business emulate their success. Packed with real case studies and personal reflections from successful business leaders, it helps you apply the best practices of the best companies to set yourself apart from your competitors and turn your business into a market leader.
Whether you run a multinational corporation or a two-person start-up company, the lessons you'll find here apply to any business. This Second Edition includes a new chapter on "tie breakers," updated examples of today's category of one companies, and special contributions from business experts, bestselling authors, and CEOs on the future category of one business.
- Revised and updated to remain relevant to today's market conditions and new innovations
- A new edition of the bestselling title from the author of Indispensable and Work Like You're Showing Off
- Today's struggling economy puts even greater importance on the theory and practice of business differentiation
- This edition includes 20 percent new material; if you liked the original edition, you'll love this new Second Edition
- Reliable, proven advice that works for businesses of any size in any industry
Now more than ever, you have to differentiate your business from the competition to succeed. Becoming a Category of One gives you the blueprint for building your own extraordinary business.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPreface ix
1 We Just Decided to Go 1
2 What’s Your Story? 27
3 Success Means You Know What Used to Work 53
4 The Commodity Trap 77
5 Your Brand Is Everything 97
6 The Three Rules 117
7 The New Customer Reality 139
8 Tiebreakers 159
9 Case Study: Tractor Supply Company 183
10 The Future Category of One 209
About the Author 251
What People are Saying About This
"I'm given many management/business books by friends, colleagues and business partners but have little time to read. As a result, a book I read cover to cover has to resonate with me...Calloway's book is one that strikes that cord..." —Chief Executive Officer, Michael Perry, of IndyMac Bancorp