- Get it by Monday, September 24 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Is it “just a phase,” or could your child be headed for serious trouble?
If you sense that your child is seriously troubled, you may feel bewildered, helpless, ineffective. How can you stop your child from throwing away his or her life? How can you avoid thinking that you’ve failed as a parent? In this newly revised and expanded edition of the classic guide Before It’s Too Late, clinical psychologist Stanton E. Samenow explains how to break the useless cycle of blame and take corrective action. Topics include:
* How to understand the personality of the antisocial child
* How to tell the difference between a “phase” and a pattern of misbehavior
* How to identify the seven common manifestations of antisocial behavior
* How to cope more effectively as the parent of an older antisocial child
* How to avoid the six common mistakes that prevent parents from taking action
* How to step in—early and effectively—before bad behavior becomes entrenched
|Product dimensions:||5.20(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Dr. Samenow is a psychologist who provides insight and guidance to parents whose children have a pattern of misbehavior and hostility. He shows how skillful such children are in manipulating parents, teachers and others to get their way. I recommend this book to parents, teachers and guidance counselors who interact with antisocial teenagers. The author provides numerous examples of dysfunctional behavior. He shows to identify and deal with antisocial behavior. He instructs parents to stop blaming themselves and shift responsibility to the teenager creating the behavior. His approach is pointed and on target.
Couldn't put this one down. I recommend this for ALL parents - not just those with 'troubled kids.'