Young women today face an uncertain job market, the pressure to ascend at all costs, and a fear of burning out. But the landscape is changing, and women are taking an assertive role in shaping our careers and lives, while investing more and more in our community of support.
Bossed Up teaches you how to:
- Break out of the "martyrdom mindset," and cultivate your Boss Identity by getting clear on what you really want for your career and life without apology;
- Hone the self-advocacy skills necessary for success;
- Understand the differences between being assertive (which is part of being a leader) and being aggressive (which is more like being a bully) - and how that clarity can transform your trajectory;
- Beat burnout by identifying how the warning signs may be showing up in your life and how to prioritize bringing more rest, purpose, agency, and community to your day-to-day life;
- Unpack the steps to cultivating something more than just confidence; a boss identity, which will establish your ability to be the boss of your life no matter what comes your way.
Drawing from timely research, and with personal stories, and spotlights on a diverse group of women from the Bossed Up community, this book will show you how to craft a happy, healthy, and sustainable career path you'll love.
|5.40(w) x 8.20(h) x 0.80(d)
About the Author
Previously, Emilie served on national political campaigns as an organizer and digital strategist. In 2009, she served as the youngest State Director in the nation for Organizing for America, where she helped gain support for many of the Obama Administration's policy priorities. Then, as a digital strategist, she helped 2012's most critical US Senate campaigns leverage online communication technology.
She earned her B.A. in Political Science from Brown University and completed a Fellowship on Organizing at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Emilie splits her time between Denver, CO and Washington, DC.
Table of Contents
Introduction Confessions of a Recovering Hot Mess 1
Chapter 1 Combatting the Martyrdom Mindset 13
Chapter 2 Cultivating Your Boss Identity 51
Chapter 3 Progress over Perfection 91
Chapter 4 Speak it, Belt 123
Chapter 5 Be a Goal Digger 165
Chapter 6 Your Community of Courage 195
Conclusion You Have What You Need 233
About the Author 249