Introduction: Seven Principles of Breakthrough Negotiation.
PART ONE: FOUNDATIONS OF THE BREAKTHROUGH APPROACH.
1. The United States Engages a Cold War Orphan.
2. Diagnosing the Structure.
3. Tensions Escalate on the Korean Peninsula.
4. Identifying Barriers to Agreement.
5. Carter Achieves a Breakthrough.
6. Managing Conflict.
7. The United States and North Korea Reach Agreement.
8. Building Momentum.
PART TWO: BUILDING THE BREAKTHROUGH TOOLBOX.
9. Getting to the Table in Oslo.
10. Transforming the Balance of Forces.
11. Assembling the Persian Gulf Coalition.
12. Building Coalitions.
13. Ending the War in Bosnia.
14. Leading Negotiations.
Conclusion: Becoming a Breakthrough Negotiator.
Update of the Cases.