When we give women the same respect and opportunities as men, we give the world its best chance for peace, prosperity, and survival.
• Angry about sexism and misogyny and what you personally have endured?
• Sad for those who suffer because of inequality and greed?
• Afraid the world won't get its act together in time to save itself?
• Care about human rights and want to be part of the solution?
Call Me A Woman begins with a personal story of Levin's early years. She describes how the loss of her mother and multiple sexual assaults, including rape, led to her life's calling.
Inside you'll discover:
• The most important thing parents can do to change the world
• Our unconscious habits that perpetuate inequality
• Inspiring stories to shift resentment to empathy, hope, and action
• The 7 Habits of Equality to speed our way to gender equality and peace
• Inner peace and freedom as you become the solution
Personal interviews with: Lynn Povich, first woman senior editor Newsweek magazine; Maxine Clark, founder Build-A-Bear Workshop; Gloria Feldt, former CEO and President Planned Parenthood Federation of America, NY Times Best-Selling Author; Mark Levin, biotech industry leader, founder, and CEO; Zaron Burnett III, investigative journalist and writer.
Call Me A Woman: On Our Way to Equality and Peace provides real life experiences, global studies, and insights, and the 7 Habits of Equality that will reshape the world into one where all children have equal opportunities, from the beginning to the end of their lives.
|Publisher:||Parent by Design, LLC|
|Product dimensions:||5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.51(d)|
About the Author
Laurie refers to herself as a Transformation Coach as she helps others transform and master their own wellbeing. She specializes in optimal nutrition, healthy weight loss, and the leading HeartMath® stress reduction techniques. She has been a featured speaker on each of these topics at corporations, wellness events and retreats, schools and universities, hospitals, ex-convict re-entry programs, and cancer support organizations.
She has an MBA, is a Certified Coach, and HeartMath® Certified Coach, supporting clients globally to achieve their health and well-being goals.
Laurie spent 25 years in corporate America, leaving as a Vice President of one of the largest U.S. national research companies. She went on to start her own business in the health field in 200l.
Table of Contents
Part One: The Unfinished Business of Our Time
- Chapter 1: Life's Hard Knocks
- Chapter 2: The Place to Begin
- Chapter 3: A Lesson from History
- Chapter 4: The Facts Aren't Pretty: Nevertheless We Persist!
- Chapter 5: Oh the Stories We Tell
Part Two: Our Responsibility-Our Time
- Chapter 6: The Shift: From Habits of Inequality to Habits of Equality
- Chapter 7: The Circle of Life
- Chapter 8: The 7 Habits of Equality That Will Change the World
About the Author
Voices of the Future