Get it by Wednesday, August 23
, Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Trusted tips and guidance on meeting Mr. or Ms. Right
Are you looking for a fun Saturday night date or a happily-ever-after mate? Dating For Dummies demystifies the whole dating process, from getting a date, plotting the place, and having a great time (or dealing with duds) to moving beyond a first date toward a budding relationship. Plus, you'll find all you need to navigate social media sites to socialize, flirt, and date in the 21st century.
- Look in the mirror — understand the importance of getting to know (and love) yourself in order to become a better partner, and find out if you're ready to date
- Search for Mr. or Ms. Right — figure out what you want in a partner and discover the many places you can find him/her
- Get in the game — get the confidence to ask for a date, deal with the potentially sticky situation of exchanging phone numbers, and gracefully bow out of a date if you're not feeling the love
- It's date day — get pointers on everything from what to wear to the topics you should (and shouldn't) talk about on a first date
- On the rebound! — understand the importance of healing before jumping back into the dating scene, whether you're divorced, widowed, or just getting out of a relationship
Open the book and find:
- Realistic dating advice for people in all types of situations and life-stages
- Great date ideas (and activities to avoid)
- What works (and what doesn't) when asking for a date
- How to flirt, how to listen, and how to gauge how things are going
- What to look for in the place you pick for a date
- How to navigate through potentially awkward moments
- Safely navigate social networking and online dating sites
- Avoid common dating missteps
- Get back into the dating scene after divorce
- Deal with differences in age
|Series:||For Dummies Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Joy Browne, PhD, is not only a dating guru, but also a licensed clinical psychologist who is the award-winning host of her own nationally and internationally syndicated radio talk show.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Isn¿t everybody dumb when it comes to dating? Well-known radio personality Dr. Joy Browne lays out all the mistakes ¿ and many of their cures ¿ in this exhaustive manual for dating, from searching your patterns for self-sabotaging behaviors to practical tips for the first date. Find out if your dating mode is ¿casual¿ or ¿heavy,¿ and learn what to tuck into your emergency repair kit. Browne dissects every aspect of dating, from first kiss to breaking up, and offers many good tips along the way. We recommend this for anyone who recently began circulating or is skittish about dating. Rules are helpful, but remember that some rules are made to be broken.
The book is comprehensive but I was hoping for more tips on actual, fun dates I could take someone out on. I'd suggest The RoMANtic's Guide for some great ideas for date nights.
Very entertaning and informative.....