- An intuitive approach to the topic of digital signal processing.
- Working in-book MatLab examples supporting all important concepts.
- A large scope covering basic concepts (correlation, convolution, DFT, FIR filters ...) as well as advanced topics (optimization, adaptive signal processing, equalization, OFDM, MIMO ... ).
- MatLab modeling of analog/RF effects (multipath channel, thermal noise, phase noise, IQ imbalances, DC and frequency offsets) that must be addressed and solved in modern modem design.
- Real world topics that go beyond the ordinary communication textbooks such as signal synchronization, modem rate management, and fixed-point effects.
All in all, this book is a must-have for students and practicing engineers who want to build upon the principles of Digital Signal Processing, enrich their understanding with advanced topics, and then apply that knowledge to the design of modern wireless modems.