What are the practical and creative elements for becoming a director?
How do you get started?
What is the best way for actors, designers, and crew to work with directors?
This guide provides regional theater companies and new directors with the knowledge and tools they need to produce successful shows. Drawing on years of experience directing and producing plays, Wilma Marcus Chandler covers such topics as:
* How to read and analyze a script and really understand it
* How to visualize your show
* How to get started, researching and thinking about concept, music, lights, sound, costumes
* How to hold auditions
* How to talk to your case and crew--and how to listen
* How to stage a play, using blocking, body movement, stage business, exits and entrances
* How to prepare a production, including rehearsal techniques, time lines, budgets, royalties, publicity
* How to prepare a career in directing
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||862 KB|