Are you struggling to understand Windows 10? This book will guide you through the new Operating System one step at a time, to help you understand the software more quickly and easily!
- Great for beginners, a basic computing class, or as an update.
- Step-by-step, visual approach to help you quickly master Windows 10
- Plenty of full color, illustrated screenshots and photographs to help you
- Presented in an easy and simple to read format, written in jargon free English
Updated for the new anniversary update, and in full color, you’ll learn...
- Windows 10's new features, menus and utilities
- Setting up your computer, downloading and upgrading to Windows 10
- Navigating around Windows 10 using file explorer, task view and the start menu
- Using the desktop and running applications
- Using Tablets, touch screen gestures, keyboards and pens
- Using Windows Ink
- Getting to know Cortana virtual assistant and Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- Using OneDrive
- Getting started with Continuum
- Getting started with Windows Hello
- Backing up your important data with FileHistory
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Downloading & watching videos, movies and watching DVDs
- Downloading & listening to music and using Groove Music Passes
- Storing, manipulating and sharing photos
- Staying in touch friends, family and colleagues using Mail, Calendar & Skype
- Maintaining Windows 10, scanning drives for errors and basic recovery procedures and more...
Clear instruction, and easy-to-follow tutorials with illustrated photographs, graphics and screen prints, guide you through the procedures every step of the way.
If you want to get up and running quickly and easily with the new Windows 10, this is the guide you need.
About the Author
After graduating with a masters in computer science, software engineering & multimedia systems, Kevin has worked in the computer industry supporting and working with many different types of computer systems. He has served as a tutor running specialist lessons on film making, visual effects, IT lessons and computer literacy in schools. He has taught in colleges in South Africa, and worked as a tutor for adult education in England running IT courses such as beginner's IT, CLAIT, ECDL and ICT Advanced. His books have become a valuable resource amongst the students.
His latest works, the computer essentials series, modelled on the philosophy "if you can't explain something simply, you haven't understood it well enough", aims to bring a simplified approach to computer training and breaks down computing terms, tasks, operating systems and software into simple concepts with easy to follow steps and plenty of visual aids. It is his hope that these books will help you as much as they've helped us get to grips with the latest technology.
The best-selling computer fundamentals series was created in the hope that it will help people to use their computer with greater joy, understanding, productivity and efficiency. To help students and people in countries like South Africa and India who have never used a computer before. It is his hope that they will get the same benefits from computer technology as we do. So get yourself a copy today and help us make a difference in someone's life.