A Three-Step Process to Access and Activate Your Full Potential
Imagine switching on the television to see a highlight reel of the best moments from your life. Like a professional athlete, with every clip you'd learn how to repeat past successes, pinpoint positive blind spots, and build confidence in your skills.
In Exceptional, London Business School professor and expert social scientist Daniel M. Cable reveals how building your own personal highlight reel—a collection of positive memories about yourself from your network—is key to accessing your potential. Using the latest science and proven research behind best-self activation, his three-step process will help you improve your life by:
- Focusing on what you do best
- Crafting a life around your strengths
- Increasing your confidence and resilience
Each of us can bring forth a version of ourself that is uniquely outstanding. It's a version of ourself that already exists—all we have to do is access it.
- A practical book on how to create one's own human highlight reel, and then use that highlight reel to direct one to success, growth, happiness, and fulfillment in work and life based on scientific results
- Great for readers interested in achieving self-improvement and a sense of purpose.
- Add it to the shelf with books like Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy, and The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg.
Digital audio edition read by the author.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Chronicle Books LLC|
|Product dimensions:||6.55(w) x 9.45(h) x 1.05(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Start with What We Do Right 13
Chapter 2 The Hidden Forces That Limit Us 25
Chapter 3 Possible Selves 41
Chapter 4 Changing Your Story Once It's in Motion 57
Chapter 5 Put Your Best Dress in the Window 75
Chapter 6 Create Your Personal Highlight Reel 87
Chapter 7 Discover Your Best impact 109
Chapter 8 Hear Your Own Eulogy 129
Chapter 9 Stretching into Our Strengths 159
Chapter 10 Life Crafting 177
Chapter 11 Work Crafting 203