A timely look at how to evaluate and determine executive pay
Recognized as the leading expert on executive compensation,Robin Ferracone combines her own 20 years of experience withinterviews with executives and compensation committees to provide aclear examination of and guidance on determining pay packages,actions, and designs. and Over the past 25 years, the author hascreated a database of executive pay across 44,000 companies, brokendown by company performance, company revenue and industry. Usingthis data, the author provides boards and individuals evaluatingexecutive pay with the ability to analytically determine anappropriate compensation package.
- Provides real-life stories, perspectives, and insights fromthought leaders on executive compensation
- Contains interview with compensation committee members,executives, academicians, government leaders, and shareholderactivists
- Research based on 44,000 companies broken down by performance,revenue and industry
Offers a timely resource on a hot button topic.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
ROBIN A. FERRACONE is founder and executive chair of Farient Advisors LLC and founder and CEO of RAF Capital LLC. Ferracone is a thirty-year veteran of the executive compensation consulting world and has worked at Farient Advisors, Mercer, SCA Consulting, and Booz Allen & Hamilton (now Booz & Company). She has been a senior advisor to executives and compensation committees for over thirty years and has served on both for-profit and not-for-profit boards. In 2003, she received the WorldatWork Distinguished Service Award.
Table of Contents
Part One: Fair Pay 1
1. Same Problems, Different Context 3
2. Shareholder Value: A Good Indicator of Long-Term Success 23
3. The Anatomy of Performance-Adjusted Compensation (PAC) 41
4. The Performance and Pay Alignment Zone 57
5. The Alignment Report 73
6. From Maligned to Aligned 83
7. Patterns of Misalignment 91
Part Two: Fair Play 111
8. The Root Causes of Misalignment 113
9. Aggressive Target Pay 125
10. Turbo-Charged Upside 145
11. Conventional Goal-Setting 157
12. Short-Term Gain; Long-Term Pain 187
13. Flattening the Curve 199
14. Ad Hoc Decisions 205
15. Decision-Making Infl uences 217
16. Creating and Maintaining Alignment 231
Epilogue: Holding Companies Accountable 241
Appendix A: Analytic Methodologies 253
Appendix B: GICS Sectors 255
Appendix C: List of Interviewees 257
The Author 267
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Jordan is currently at da bar result 1.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
This "bit<_>ch" you speak of couldn't been Jordan. He's not that heavy of a user. Besides, you couldn't get close to him without him drawing on you, drunk or sober.
Given increased public and government scrutiny of executive pay, corporate boards of directors are under more pressure than ever to implement reasonable, competitive compensation packages for their senior managers. Robin A. Ferracone now provides firms with the analytical tools they need to compare their practices with those of other firms and to understand how to set "fair pay." Using her 30 years of experience as an executive compensation consultant, Ferracone offers a relatively simple concept - "pay for performance" - while outlining the actual complexity underlying the idea. She explains the detailed mathematics of deriving critical statistics, including total shareholder return and performance-adjusted compensation. Her case studies and examples of corporate largesse offer readers welcome relief from intense statistical analysis, even though they help sell her "Alignment Report" as the prescription for compensation committee woes. Still, getAbstract applauds her thorough research and recommends her findings to board members, senior executives and human resources professionals eager to pay - and play - fairly.