|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Erin K. Anderson is assistant professor in the Department of Sociology at Washington College, where she also contributes to the Gender Studies Program.
Catherine Richards Solomon is professor and department chair in the Department of Sociology, Criminal Justice, and Anthropology at Quinnipiac University.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Volume, Erin K. Anderson and Catherine Richards Solomon
2. University Family-friendly Policies: Professors’ Experiences and Perceptions, Catherine Richards Solomon
3. Do Work/Life Policies Matter? The Importance of Work/Life Policies for Faculty Intentions to Quit, Catherine Berheide and Rena Linden
4. Could I be THAT Guy: The Influence of Campus Climate on Paternity Leave Use, Erin K. Anderson
5. Caring for Aging Parents: Balancing the Personal and Professional in Academia, Rona J. Karasik, Debra L. Berke, and Scott D. Scheer
6. Introduction to Case Studies Section, Erin K. Anderson and Catherine Richards Solomon
7. A Tale of Two Policies: Lessons Learned in Writing and Adopting Parental Leave Policies at a University, Brandy A. Randall and Virginia Clark Johnson
8. Changing Work/Life Policy in Institutions of Higher Education: A Case Study, Leslie E. Tower
9. Understanding Family and Medical Leave at a Large Public University, Stacey Oliker and Amanda I. Seligman
10. Life Happens: The Vilas Life Cycle Professorship Program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Jennifer Sheridan, Christine Maidl Pribbenow, Molly Carnes, Jo Handelsman, and Amy Wendt
11. Discussion, Erin K. Anderson and Catherine Richards Solomon