No one understands what it means to be fit and female better than Geralyn Coopersmith. Her work has brought results to women nationwide.
-Carol Espel, MS, National Director of Group Fitness for Equinox Fitness Clubs
""Every woman should read Geralyn's book.""
-Michael Boyle, author of Functional Training for Sports
""Coopersmith leads the reader to new levels of self-awareness and the ability to make educated choices. Underlying her hip, upbeat tone is a sound background in exercise physiology and a strong desire to help women improve their lifestyles.""
-Joan Pagano, author of Strength Training for Women
Ever wonder why some women look great with very little effort while others exercise and diet obsessively with disappointing results? The fact is, when it comes to getting in shape, all women are not created equal. We've all heard about apples and pears, but there's lots more to women's bodies than just that. If you've been frustrated by fad diets and the workout of the month that never seems to work, you need a program designed specifically for your unique body type.
In Fit + Female, Geralyn Coopersmith, a top fitness expert and certified personal trainer, ditches the one-size-fits-all approach to getting in shape and helps you determine which type you are. Then you get a nutrition and exercise plan that's tailored for your needs, not just generic, off-the-rack advice. If you want to get back into that clingy little number that now hugs all the wrong places, this is the realistic, scientific how-to for you!
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Turner Publishing Company|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.52(w) x 9.24(h) x 0.52(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsAcknowledgments.
1. What We Want to Look Like—and Why.
2. What We Do Look Like—and Why.
3. The Secrets of Female Fitness: How We Get Fat, How We Stay Fit.
4. The Six Female Body Types: What Shapes We Come In.
5. Which Woman Are You? Finding Your Body Type.
6. Which Exercises to Do—and Why.
7. How to Work Out for Your Body Type.
8. How to Put It All Together: From Warm-Up to Cool-Down.
9. How to Think about Diets and Dieting.
10. How to Eat for Your Body Type: Your Body Type Eating Plan.
11. How to Embrace Your Shape: Loving Your Body Type.
Appendix: Getting Geared Up: A Fitness Checklist.
A Glossary of Common Fitness Terms.