Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Ireland is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Dublin and Ireland. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in Europe.
Ireland may be a small island, but it’s packed with things to do and see and simply overflowing with natural beauty, vibrant culture, and ancient history. From the splendor of its Georgian homes and Norman castles to its strikingly scenic landscapes, lush green fields, and postcard-perfect villages, there’s majesty at every turn here. Add a lively pub culture, a thriving arts and music scene, a reverence for the spoken word, and a warm and welcoming people, and you see why the Emerald Isle is one of Europe's most popular destinations.
Fodor’s Essential Ireland 2019 includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated coverage of neighborhoods, must-see attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and more. New restaurants and hotels throughout Ireland showcase the best options at different price points and categories. Updated annually to ensure the best and most relevant content.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Ireland.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND MORE DETAILED MAPS: 50 detailed maps and a handy country-wide PULLOUT MAP that also covers the city of Dublin to help you plan and get around stress-free.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: In-depth illustrated features cover Dublin's literary heritage, iconic sights like the Ring of Kerry and the Rock of Cashel, and the Anglo-Irish Georgian House. Other features shine a spotlight on cruising on the Shannon, hiking in the West, and Irish whiskeys.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Check out the Great Itineraries section to help plan your time, whether it’s a few days or a few weeks. Find suggested excursions from Dublin, a tour of Northern Ireland, as well as the Wild Atlantic Way coastal route. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS: Planners gives useful, practical overviews of important travel information. A Calendar of Events helps visitors choose the best time to plan a visit around special festivals, parades, and golf tournaments.
- •COVERS: Dublin, Clare, Galway, Cork, Belfast, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry, Connemara, and much more.
- •ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS:Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting the United Kingdom, too? Check out Fodor’s Essential England, Fodor’s London 2018, Fodor's Essential Great Britain , and Fodor’s Scotland.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.