The city that was home to James Joyce, Maeve Binchy, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, William Butler Yeats and scores of other brilliant men and women, is as rich, intellectually heady and welcoming a place to visit today as it ever was. The trick is how to make the most of your precious vacation time while in Dublin not an easy task.
This book will help. It was created for independent travelers and boasts a practical, colourful format with useful, clear maps and expertly designed tours. The guide highlights the must-see places and offers knowledgeable opinion on where to stay, eat and shop.
- Includes special interest tours: Dublin's Heroes; Dublin with Kids; Georgian Dublin; Vikings & Medieval Dublin, Trinity College and the Book of Kells
- Details great neighbourhood walking tours
- Opinionated reviews of the best nightlife, shopping and dining the city has to offer.
- Helpful tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip in the Savvy Traveler chapter.
- Exact pricing so there’s never any guessing
- Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out regional map in plastic case.
About the Author
Jack Jewers has written about Ireland for Frommer's since 2006. Born and raised in England, he loved listening to his great aunt's tales about life in Dublin during the civil war. Jack proposed to his Irish-American wife at a spa on the Ring of Kerry. Jack and his wife reside in Surrey, England.