Want it by Tuesday, October 23?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Meant to be carried with you as you travel, this highly portable, concisely-written 288-page book introduces travelers to one of the world’s most richly rewarding destinations. It includes all of the nitty gritty details one needs to plan a trip, from hotels and restaurants to try, to savvy tips on the best ways to get around the country. But British author Jack Jewers, who has been writing guidebooks to Ireland since 2006 (and is the proud grandson of an Irishwoman), also provides an affectionate and insightful take on Irish culture and history that will greatly enhance your trip to the Emerald Isle. The book is:
- Completely updated every year and printed in large, easy-to-read type.
- Packed with helpful maps, including a full-color fold-out map
- Precise about pricing, with Euro and British Pound (for Northern Ireland) amounts listed for every attraction, restaurant, hotel, nightspot and shop in the guideso there aren’t any nasty surprises.
- Filled with information on the fascinating culture, history, art history and cuisine of Ireland that will make your visit richer
- Laden with no-holds-barred reviews, which will introduce you to the country’s most authentic lodgings (hotels, B&B’s, castles), eateries, museums, historic and nature sight so you can stretch your budget further, whether you’re a luxury-seeker or a backpacker.
About the Author
Jack Jewers has written about Ireland for Frommer's since 2006. Born and raised in England, he loved listening to his great aunt's tales about life in Dublin during the civil war. Jack proposed to his Irish-American wife at a spa on the Ring of Kerry. He gives it a great review in this book. Jack and his wife reside in Surrey, England.