Think of Operators as site reliability engineers in software. They work by extending the Kubernetes control plane and API, helping systems integrators, cluster administrators, and application developers reliably deploy and manage key services and components. Using real-world examples, authors Jason Dobies and Joshua Wood demonstrate how to use Operators today and how to create Operators for your applications with the Operator Framework and SDK.
- Learn how to establish a Kubernetes cluster and deploy an Operator
- Examine a range of Operators from usage to implementation
- Explore the three pillars of the Operator Framework: the Operator SDK, the Operator Lifecycle Manager, and Operator Metering
- Build Operators from the ground up using the Operator SDK
- Build, package, and run an Operator in development, testing, and production phases
- Learn how to distribute your Operator for installation on Kubernetes clusters
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.40(d)|
About the Author
Josh Wood is a developer advocate at Red Hat who has worked throughout his career to build utility computing with open source software. He likes fast cars, slow boats, and writing short autobiographies.