British Columbia is filled with vibrant cities, secluded beaches, and old-growth rainforests. Experience the best of this wild and beautiful province with Moon British Columbia. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, from one week in Vancouver and Victoria to a two-week tour of the entire province
- Strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, foodies and wine lovers, families, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Try to spot wild bears, moose, and elk, go whale-watching on the Pacific, or snorkel with seals. Learn about the First Nations tribes' colorful totem poles and sample indigenous foods, or sip your way through the wines of the lush Okanagan Valley. Kayak through icy fjords, ski Whistler's world-class slopes, or drive the famed Alaska Highway
- Reliable tips from BC local Andrew Hempstead on where to eat, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- In-depth coverage of Vancouver, Victoria and Vancouver Island, the Sunshine Coast, Sea to Sky Highway, Whistler, Gold Nugget Route, the Okanagan Valley, the Kootenays, the Canadian Rockies, Glacier National Park, Revelstoke, Kamloops, Mount Robson, Cariboo Country, Prince George, Prince Rupert, Haida Gwaii, Stewart-Cassar Highway, Alaska Highway, and the Yukon
Hitting the road? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip. Craving more of Canada's incredible wilderness? Check out Moon Banff National Park or Moon Canadian Rockies.
About the Author
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of each destination just as his readers do. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife, Dianne, own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.
Andrew and his family live in Banff, Alberta.