- Symphony No. 6 in F major, K. 43
- Symphony No. 48 in D major, K. 120 (K. 111a)
- Symphony No. 50 in D major, K. 161/163 (K. 141a)
- Symphony No. 51 in D major, K. 121 (K. 207a)
- Symphony No. 52 in C major, K. 102 (K. 213c)
- Symphony No. 55 in B flat major, K. Anh. 214 (K. 45b)
Volume Four of PentaTone Classics' Mozart Youth Symphonies contains six symphonies composed between the years 1767 and 1775, when the composer was all of 11 to 19 years of age. Though they are early works, they are no less brilliant. These symphonies are light, vivacious, and ebullient, contrasting with the sometimes more weighty and brooding later symphonies. Neville Marriner and the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields made these recordings in quadraphonic sound long before such technology was readily available to the average consumer. Fortunately, PentaTone has remastered the originals and released them again on SACD. The result is what would be expected for this ensemble: crisp and vivacious string playing, energetic tempi, and thorough attention to detail. Listening in four-channel SACD mode only enhances these intricacies and makes the experience even more enjoyable.