This Lumos PARCC Digital tedBook� Includes:
- Two Performance Based Assessments (PBA)
- Concepts, Skills, Procedures
- Expressing Mathematical Reasoning
- Modeling / Applications
- Detailed answer explanations for every question
- Strategies for building speed and accuracy
PLUS One Year access to Online Workbooks
- Hundreds of practice questions with detailed answers
- Anywhere Access! Learn using a smart phone, tablet or personal computer
- Self-paced and student-directed
PLUS FREE Lumos StepUp� Mobile App
- Scan QR Code in the book to instantly access online workbooks
- Convenient access to the Common Core State Standards
PLUS FREE Lumos SchoolUp� Mobile App
- Capture and share school related information via Stickies!
- School performance reports
- Blogs, Standards, Student Reports and More..
Lumos Study Program is used by the leading schools and libraries to improve student achievement on the standardized tests.
How can students succeed on the PARCC test using the Lumos Study Program?
At Lumos Learning, we believe that yearlong learning and adequate practice before the actual test are the keys to student success on the standardized tests. We have designed the Lumos Study Program to help students get plenty of realistic practice before the test and to promote yearlong collaborative learning.
Inside this book, you will find four comprehensive practice tests. Completing these tests will help students master the different areas that are included in the Common Core State Standards and practice test taking skills. The results will help the students and educators get insights into students' strengths and weaknesses in particular content areas.
The Lumos Online Workbooks consist of hundreds of grade appropriate questions based on the CCSS. Students will get instant feedback and can review their answers anytime. Each student's answers and progress can be reviewed by parents and educators to reinforce the learning experience.
What is PARCC?
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness and College and Careers (PARCC) is one of two state consortiums responsible for developing assessments aligned to the new, more rigorous Common Core State Standards. There are currently 20 states involved in the PARCC consortium and a combination of educational leaders from those states along with test developers are working together to create the new computer based English Language Arts and Math assessments.
What are the planned parts of PARCC assessments?
Although still in design phase, PARCC has released a plan for the yearly assessments. They will consist of:
- Optional diagnostic assessment
- Mid year assessment
- Performance based assessment
- End-of-year assessment
- Speaking and listening component assessment
How is this Lumos tedBook� aligned to PARCC Guidelines?
Although the PARCC assessments will be conducted online, the practice tests here have been created to accurately reflect the depth and rigor of PARCC tasks in a pencil and paper format. Students will still be exposed to the Technology Enhanced Constructed-Response (TECR) style questions so they become familiar with the wording and how to think through these type