Password 3 with Essential Online Resources / Edition 3 available in Paperback
The five books in the Password series help students advance their reading skills and build a vocabulary of 2,000 high-frequency words and phrases. Research shows that at this point, most students can begin to read unadapted texts.
Now in a third edition with a fresh four-color design, Password ’s theme-based units include an updated
mix of nonfiction readings and skill-development activities for reading, writing, and critical thinking.
The series continues to feature vocabulary work that helps students understand, remember, and use
the target words and phrases to build a solid foundation for both academic and career success.
New to This Edition
- Engaging new readings require and reward close reading.
- Expanded array of exercises to enhance skills and help students better understand vocabulary and topics.
- New critical thinking questions in each chapter add depth to discussions and help develop valuable cognitive skills.
- New Learning Outcomes let students know the goals of each chapter and what their learning experience will be.
- New Essential Online Resources contain audio recordings of each reading, bonus activities for extra practice in timed reading and study skills, and the Teacher’s Manual with unit tests, expansive answer keys, and prompts for quick oral vocabulary reviews.
- Pre-reading tasks draw out what students know and believe about the topic.
- Post-reading exercises strengthen skills such as scanning, making inferences, identifying main ideas, summarizing, citing evidence, and supporting opinions.
- Careful recycling of target vocabulary in readings and exercises.
- Checkpoint chapters help students reflect on what they’ve learned and provide practice with word families, collocations, and dictionary skills.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English.
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents
Scope and Sequence
The Third Edition of the Password Series
Overview of Password 3
References, Acknowledgments, and Photography Credits
Unit 1: Let’s Eat!
Chapter 1: Crazy about Chocolate
Chapter 2: Comfort Food
Chapter 3: The Love Apple
Chapter 4: Slow Food
Unit 1 Checkpoint
Unit 2: Life Changes
Chapter 5: Life is Full of Surprises
Chapter 6: "It was Love, So Strong and So Real"
Chapter 7: To Live as an Artist
Chapter 8: An Amazing Woman
Unit 2 Checkpoint
Units 1–2 Vocabulary Self-Test 1
Unit 3: The Ocean
Chapter 9: What Does the Ocean Mean to Us?
Chapter 10: The Crab
Chapter 11: Cleaning Up the Ocean
Chapter 12: Underwater Wonderland
Unit 3 Checkpoint
Unit 4: It’s All in Your Head
Chapter 13: Food for Thought
Chapter 14: Your Memory at Work
Chapter 15: Sleep and the Brain
Chapter 16: In Your Dreams
Unit 4 Checkpoint
Units 3–4 Vocabulary Self-Test 2
Unit 5: Communication
Chapter 17: Who Does It Better?
Chapter 18: When and Why We Laugh
Chapter 19: The Inventor of the Telephone
Chapter 20: Speaking with Your Eyes
Unit 5 Checkpoint
Units 1–5 Vocabulary Self-Test 3
Vocabulary Self-Tests Answer Key
Index to Target Vocabulary