Get it by Tuesday, October 24
, Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Experience the rest of your life with restorative yoga, the supported poses, and breathing practices that will help you heal the effects of chronic stress. In Relax and Renew, the first book exclusively devoted to this work, you'll find:
• In-depth guidance in Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana), the heart of restorative practice, as well as the Centering Breath
• A general restorative sequence that explores backbends, an inverted posture, a twist, cooling forward bends, and a variation of Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana)
• Sequences for busy days, including a fifteen-minute practice, yoga at your desk, and the Totally Invisible Relaxation
• Programs for back pain, headaches, insomnia, jet lag, and breathing problems
• A special section for women during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause
• A guide to props: what they are, where they go, how to fold and roll blankets, and around-the-house alternatives
• Supplemental resources, such as where to find a yoga teacher, recommended books, magazines, newsletters, audio programs, props, yoga vacations, etc.
|Edition description:||Second Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.46(w) x 10.96(h) x 0.55(d)|
About the Author
Judith Lasater has taught yoga since 1971. She holds a doctorate in East-West psychology and is a physical therapist. Dr. Lasater is the president of the California Yoga Teachers Association and serves on the advisory boards of Yoga Journal and the Yoga Research and Education Center.
Her yoga training includes study with B. K. S. Iyengar in India and the United States. She teaches ongoing yoga classes and trains yoga teachers in kinesiology, yoga therapeutics, and the Yoga Sutra at the Iyengar Yoga Institute of San Francisco. In addition, she leads workshops and retreats throughout the United States and abroad.
Dr. Lasater writes extensively about yoga. Her feature articles, columns, and essays appear in numerous books, magazines, and anthologies. She is the author of Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, the first book devoted to the supported yoga poses and breathing techniques called restorative yoga.
Judith Lasater lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I highly recommend. Easy to follow for the novice and is so beneficial.
This book has changed my life and yoga practice as well as that of my students. Balancing my regular yoga class with a monthly Relax and Renew class has brought much pleasure to myself and my students. Through this practice, I have seen how allowing yourself 2 hours to do nothing but active relaxation, can bring a sense of balance and joy into your daily life, diminish pain and help heal the body. This book is beautifully illustrated and easy to follow. Students and teachers, alike, will enjoy the benefits of the teachings found within. Thank you Judith!