Want it by Thursday, October 18?
Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Rick Steves Budapest by Rick Steves, Cameron Hewitt
Admire opulent Golden Age architecture, soak in a thermal bath, and wander the winding streets of old villages: with Rick Steves on your side, Budapest can be yours! Inside Rick Steves Budapest you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Budapest
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the ornate Parliament building and the Széchnyi Baths to local unicum distilleries (Hungary's favorite spirit!)
- How to connect with local culture: Catch a world-class opera performance, dive into a bowl of goulash, or sample paprika at the Great Market Hall
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places the eat, sleep, and relax
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and historic museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Hungarian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on every neighborhood in Budapest, as well as day trips to Gödöllö Palace, Lázár Lovaspark, Holókö, the Danube Bend, Szentendre, Visegrád, Esztergom, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Budapest.
Expanding your trip? Try Rick Steves Eastern Europe.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
Connect with Rick:
Born in Denver and raised in central Ohio, Cameron Hewitt settled in Seattle in 2000. Ever since, he has spent three months each year in Europe, contributing to guidebooks, tours, radio and television shows, and other media for Rick Steves' Europe, where he serves as content manager. Cameron married his high school sweetheart (and favorite travel partner), Shawna, and enjoys taking pictures, trying new restaurants, and planning his next trip.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Rick Steves' Budapest based on 0 ratings. 6 reviews.
Rick Steves is right on target again. Very informative for everyone.
I found this very helpful while visiting Budapest.