Cutting-edge research meets brain-friendly strategies for teaching adolescents!
Teenagers can be mystifying to educators and parents, exhibiting a daunting array of characteristics: emotional, forgetful, and fond of risk-taking. What are they thinking? What’s the best way to reach them? The revised and expanded edition of this hands-on guide helps unlock these secrets by explaining the biological and neurological changes happening in the teenage brain. Educators can use these insights from current research to help students achieve their full academic potential.
Organized around specific areas of adolescent development, this resource is packed with fresh instructional strategies that can be modified and adapted to various content areas. In addition to presenting the latest facts and research findings, this guide offers:
- "Secrets Revealed" sections that present compelling stories and research about the growing adolescent brain
- Insights into the effects of technology on the brain
- Strategies for approaching such issues as ADHD, steroid use, and aggression
- An educator's book club guide, with discussion questions
Enjoy reading and talking with your colleagues about how to understand and tap the secrets of the teenage brain!
|Edition description:||Second Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.60(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
Foreword by Eric Jensen
About the Author
1. Teen Brain: Under Construction
2. Teen Cognition and Learning
3. The Social Brain
4. Communication and the Unfinished Brain
5. Self-Concept Under Attack
6. The Risk-Taking Brain
7. Reaching and Teaching Today’s AdolescentsTomorrow!
Conclusion: Secrets of the Teenage BrainRevealed!
Book Club Discussion Questions