Good conversation is at the heart of networking, meetings,interviews, negotiations and raising your profile. It can ease yourway in work, enabling you to build alliances, create strongrelationships with staff, bosses and clients, succeed atinterviews, motivate and inspire.
But conversation is something most of us were never taught! Welearn to speak as babies, but how conversation actuallyworks is something most of us pick up only haphazardly, andmany have yet to learn. Why is it some of us are stuck for words,but others blabber or can’t stop? What is it that some peoplehave naturally which enables them to converse comfortably andeasily, to engage people and build better relationships?
The Art of Conversation will show you step by step how toconverse skillfully and enjoyably with other people, at home, atwork, on the phone and in the street- even if you’re dauntednow, discover the difference good conversation can make in everyaspect of your life. Learn to:
-Overcome the most common block to good conversation- fear; findout how to break the silence and keep the conversation going
- Understand the different types of conversation and how theywork- which topics and language are suitable for the occasion
- Learn simple methods for being heard and understood, includingspeaking clearly and audibly, listening well and using non-verbalcommunication
- Find out how to hold a conversation in tricky situations,including how to disagree, how to speak to those in authority andpeople you find difficult-Use conversation to form relationships, improve friendships, makethe sale, chat people up, to learn, influence and persuade.
|Product dimensions:||4.60(w) x 7.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Judy Apps is a qualified NLP trainer and professional certified coach with the International Coaching Federation. (ICF), coaching an average of 70 corporate clients a year, ranging from Sussex Police to EA Games. Judy has spent many years unravelling the secrets of how great leaders communicate and inspire, and now coaches people from all walks of life- from leaders of major international corporations to politicians, media people, coaches and all who want to communicate with more influence.Judy is the author of three books: Voice of Influence- How To Get People to love to listen to you; Butterflies and Sweaty Palms- 25 Sure-Fire Way to Speak and Present with Confidence, and Voice and Speaking Skills for Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introducing Conversation 9
1. The Dance of Conversation 11
2. Connecting is What Matters Most 21
3. Getting in the Right State 49
4. Getting a Conversation Going – The Basics 65
5. Listening 79
Part 2: The Power of Conversation 99
6. Influencing a Conversation 101
7. Different Kinds of Conversation 117
8. Expressing Yourself 155
Part 3: Sailing Through Tricky Waters 171
9. What to Do If You’re Stuck 173
10. Oiling the Wheels 179
11. Role Playing 183
12. Spotting the Games People Play 187
13. Enjoying Disagreement 197
14. Confrontation 201
Part 4: Creative Conversations 213
15. Changing the World One Conversation at a Time 215
About the Author 225
Image Credits 227