An all-in-one professional practice guide.
Here in a single accessible guide, is a comprehensive go-to resource on the foundational principles and treatment guidelines for doing attachment therapy. Based on the work of the Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children (ATTACh), a leading organization on attachment in child development, it provides all the nuts and bolts a clinician needs to be familiar with to provide effective, informed, attachment-focused treatment to children and families.
• A synopsis of attachment theory and styles
• Core principles of attachment-focused therapy (synchrony, attunement, reciprocity, repair, regulation, and more)
• Core concepts of trauma and trauma-focused therapy (resistance, therapeutic, and building a coherent narrative)
• Intake and assessment methods
• Differential diagnosis
• Best practice standards and interventions
• PTSD and other comorbidities
• Treatment planning and behavior management
• Vicarious trauma
Complex trauma and developmental trauma disorder are also covered in depth, as well as up-to-date information on how brain science has changed our understanding of relationships and developmental functioning, and, in turn, phases of treatment and intervention options.
|Publisher:||Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Lois A. Pessolano Ehrmann is an attachment clinician in private practice.
Denise LeBow is an attachment clinician in private practice.