Generation Z, ranging from tweens to young adults, has enormous spending power; yet it is one of the most challenging generational cohorts for brands to reach. It is projected to be the largest consumer demographic in history, driving a forecast from the HRC Retail Advisory of 40% of all US consumer spending, and another 40% of all consumers in the US, Europe and BRIC by 2020 (Brazil, Russia, India, China), according to other sources. Embodying an unrelenting relationship with information and mobile technology from a young age, Generation Z's ecosystem is infinitely more complex and varied than any generation before. Staying tuned-in to this demographic's impatience, confidence and constantly evolving trends can be daunting for any marketer trying to keep up.
The Gen Z Frequency offers a comprehensive guide for any brand or organization trying to reach this demographic, covering fundamental truths, content creation, engagement strategies and tactics such as social media, experiential, emerging technologies, and much more. It is woven with fascinating case studies and real-world stories from the trenches, plus key insights from leading youth brands and Gen Z themselves. Whether you are new to marketing or a seasoned expert, The Gen Z Frequency is the ultimate resource for tuning in to Generation Z.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Gregg L. Witt is a renowned youth marketing strategist and generational expert, working with brands including Procter & Gamble, Qualcomm and The Walt Disney Company, to develop innovative strategies that connect with Gen Z. He was named a "Top 5 Youth Marketer to Follow" by Inc. Magazine in 2016.
Derek E. Baird is a youth digital strategist and educational technologist, working with leading youth brands and non-profits around the world. He has led digital youth initiatives for high profile media brands including Yahoo!, Facebook, and The Walt Disney Company, where he received the Disney Inventor Award.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Introduction: are you tuned in to Gen Z?;
- Chapter - 01: A true story of finding youth culture relevance;
- Chapter - 02: Gen Z: a sociological perspective;
- Chapter - 03: The five foundational truths of youth marketing;
- Chapter - 04: Aligning with youth culture in an era of individuality;
- Chapter - 05: Reveal insights and fuel ideation with Gen Z;
- Chapter - 06: The youth culture engagement playbook;
- Chapter - 07: Social strategies and tactical considerations;
- Chapter - 08: Content strategies and tactical considerations;
- Chapter - 09: Building community with Gen Z;
- Chapter - 10: A primer on social and influence media valuation;
- Chapter - 11: Conclusion: tune in to the frequency of Gen Z;
- Chapter - 12: Epilogue: stories from the youth marketing trenches;
- Chapter - 13: Glossary;