SHORTLISTED: PMI UK National Project Awards 2019 - Project Management Literature Category
Projects and work environments are becoming increasingly complex, with more stakeholders, dispersed teams and an unprecedented rate of technological change. In order to adapt to this complexity and find new opportunities to innovate and build a high performing team, project managers must shift their mindset to one of project leadership. The Power of Project Leadership explains how to generate positive results for projects and clients while growing as a leader and empowering the team to fully contribute.
Now in its second edition, The Power of Project Leadership contains new interviews with successful project leaders and discusses current topics such as the psychology behind high performing teams, coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution, collaborative planning and risk management. It outlines the capabilities, attitudes and behaviours needed to become a confident, driven and focused project leader, including leading with vision, continuously improving, empowering teams, building trust with stakeholders, and using powerful techniques. With examples of the most fundamental causes of project failure and how to avoid them, The Power of Project Leadership shows how to inspire teams, add real value and deliver outstanding projects.
|Publisher:||Kogan Page, Ltd.|
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Susanne Madsen is an internationally recognized project leadership coach, trainer and consultant. Prior to setting up her own business, she worked for almost 20 years in the corporate sector leading high-profile programmes for major global corporations. She is a fully qualified corporate and executive coach accredited by DISC, and a regular contributor to the Association for Project Management (APM). She is a frequent speaker at organizations and leading business schools and is also the co-founder of The Project Leadership Institute, which is dedicated to building authentic project leaders.
Table of Contents
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Section - ONE: The world is changing and so must you;
- Section - TWO: Your hidden drivers;
- Section - THREE: The 7 keys to project leadership;
- Chapter - 01: Key #1 – Be authentic;
- Chapter - 02: Key #2 – Lead with vision;
- Chapter - 03: Key #3 – Improve and innovate;
- Chapter - 04: Key #4 – Empower the team;
- Chapter - 05: Key #5 – Get close to your stakeholders;
- Chapter - 06: Key #6 – Establish a solid foundation;
- Chapter - 07: Key #7 – Work with intent;
- Section - FOUR: Making the transition happen