- Want it by Thursday, October 18? Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.
"...fresh, realistic, and comprehensive solutions for the millions of Americans who haven't saved enough for retirement."
—NANCY COLLAMER, Public Speaker, Career Coach, and Author of Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit Your Passions During Semi-Retirement
When financial planning expert Melissa Phipps decided to quit her 9-to-5 and start her own business, she told herself, "the time is now." It wasn't retirement, but it was the first step. Not long after, she found herself in the middle of a large and unanticipated financial dilemma. And in order to survive it, she had to make some major changes that ultimately came down to one thing: redefining retirement.
The Retirement Rescue Plan will prepare you for retirement in a way that takes you into account—allowing you to define "retirement" in a new, realistic, and exciting way. The goals are simple: work less, earn enough, and be happier than ever. Are you ready to get planning?
- Assess what makes you happy—it sounds obvious, but when was the last time you took an honest look at what you really wanted?
- Gain control of your finances by reviewing your savings, expenses and budget with sample worksheets and exercises
- Generate ideas for continued earnings by considering your unique skills and interests; and find extra inspiration by reading real-life retirement success stories
- Ensure your security with five methods to avoid common retirement planning mistakes
Nothing compares to the joy and relief you will feel when you find your way from financial despair to a fulfilling future, as you start to enjoy retirement in a way that works for YOU.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
MELISSA PHIPPS is a financial journalist with more than 15 years of experience covering retirement planning, investing, and money management. She has written for print publications including New York Times, Glamour, and Worth, as well as online media such as Today.com, Inc.com, and RobbReport.com. She has managed Worth's popular annual "Best Financial Advisors" list and run About.com's money and small business site. She is married with two kids.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Never Too Late 11
1 Work Less
Chapter 1 What Makes You Happy? 18
Chapter 2 Understand Your Savings 37
Chapter 3 Understand Your Expenses 63
Chapter 4 Understand Your Budget 83
2 Earn Enough
Chapter 5 Your Skills and Interests 100
Chapter 6 Choose Your New Income Streams 117
Chapter 7 Set Up Shop 131
Chapter 8 Reality Check 149
3 Be Happier than Ever
Chapter 9 Practice Makes Perfect 168
Chapter 10 Get Ready for Go Time 186
Chapter 11 Focus on Happiness 200
Conclusion: You Rocked It 208