Learn to read with The Yak Pack: Comics & Phonics!
Join Zak the Yak on a comic adventure series that teaches important phonics skills for early reading.
Book 3 of 4 - Blends
The first comic book in the series features 7 fully decodable stories that each practice a different blend group as well as comprehension and phonological awareness practice after each story. Sounds practiced:
- Final Blends
- 3-Letter Blends
- Digraph Blends
- Review story for all the blends
Complete the Yak Pack series (4 books) to teach more phonics patterns!
The Yak Pack: Comics & Phonics
An innovative comic book series for teaching early reading at home or in the classroom. These books:
- Are parent-friendly
- Appeal to young and older students with modern-style comics
- Target a different sound in each story in sequential order
- Encourage independent reading by using only simple sight words
- Include reading comprehension and phonological awareness practice after each story
- Were written and developed by certified teachers
Combine the Phonics Readers with The Yak Pack: Sight Word Stories (100 Dolch Sight Words) for a complete early reading experience!
About the Author
Author Susan Muscovitch is a certified teacher at Ruth Rumack's Learning Space, with a Masters of Education and qualifications in special education. Susan lives in Toronto with her husband and daughter.