Winner of five national-level awards:
2020 eLit Book Awards – Gold Medal: Education/Academic/Teaching
2018 eLit Book Awards – Bronze Medal: Business/Careers/Sales
2017 Next Generation Indie Book Awards – Finalist: Careers
2017 Best Book Award – Finalist: Careers
2017 Reader’s Favorite Award – Honorable Mention: Occupation
What readers say:
- Your Write to Influence! training … led to increased professional advancement opportunities for countless numbers of service members. -- Lt. Gen. Dana T. Atkins, USAF (Ret), President and CEO, Military Officers of America Association (MOAA)
- Bass's "Write to Influence!" is an invaluable resource … The process of drafting effective professional writing projects and then honing them to perfection has rarely been so inviting or presented with such clarity and enthusiasm. -- Booklife Prize
- Write to Influence! is a gem! Anyone interested in powerful, super-charged writing will appreciate this clear discussion of how to produce attention-grabbing pieces -- D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
- This book should be in every professional's library. I heartily recommend Write to Influence! -- Baba Zipkin, Former Senior Counsel, IBM
- Write to Influence! will be my go-to-guide for many years to come. It is now a must-read reference for all my employees. -- Rick Mix, President and CEO, Cleared Solutions Inc.
- This helped me pass my college classes! Write to Influence! is an amazing source if you want to improve your writing to earn higher grades! 10/10 recommend! -- Emily, Amazon Reviewer
Powerful writing changes lives! It’s also the lifeblood of successful organizations. It correlates directly to success -- personal and professional -- and often tips the balance between success and failure. With this book, make every second of the reader’s time play to your advantage. Chose “Write to Influence!” when persuasive writing is paramount to your goals. Learn to:
- Write to win with products – clear, concise, and compelling
- Extend your influence -- persuade others to support your cause
- Generate powerful resumes and input to performance reviews
- Compete well for contracts, grants, etc.
- Defend budgets and justify additional resources
- Compose polished, succinct, and effective email
- Nail the essay for college applications
The second edition includes 70 new pages, incorporating material from Carla’s highly acclaimed workshops given to government agencies, corporations, private businesses, NGOs, and academia.
From powerful writing to banish bureaucratic blather to composing resumes, input for performance reviews, presentations, elevator speeches, grant submissions, and essays for college applications ... this book covers it all.
|Edition description:||2nd ed.|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.77(d)|
About the Author
Throughout her career, Carla wrote hundreds of personnel reviews, award nominations and other competitive packages, talking points, and letters for executive signature. She still composes products sent to the White House and Congress. Carla worked directly with generals, ambassadors, foreign dignitaries, and other senior leaders for whom five minutes was significant. In all instances, each word and every second of their time counted.
Carla once transformed her 480-person Air Force unit -- the most losing in the state for professional awards -- into the one to beat. Talented troops were not recognized because supervisors couldn't compose compelling nominations. So, she analyzed her own writing and created a methodology to share it, composed a handbook, developed a workshop, and taught her troops to write ... well!
Carla subsequently taught powerful writing to thousands of Air Force members for the next 15 years - to rave reviews. She still receives personal testimonials about her workshops, Because of your handbook and workshop, I was able to ... The stories are in equal measure amazing and gratifying.
Carla now teaches interactive, engaging workshops to audiences ranging from professionals in the workplace to high school students - still to rave reviews. She is also an adjunct instructor for the National Intelligence University.
Carla's battle cry is, Powerful writing changes lives! Why? It often tips the balance between success and failure. She quickly adds, It's also the lifeblood for successful business! Her clients ... government agencies, corporations, and NGOs ... definitely agree!
She is passionate about helping people to help themselves by writing with clarity, focus, and precision. Carla summarizes her message in a single sentence, Powerful writing opens doors to opportunity, personal and professional. Simple as that!
Carla and Lynn Reeves, her husband of 30+ years, live in the Virginia countryside with their beloved cocker spaniel, Cash. They have two adult children, Sarah and Eric, happily pursuing their own life adventures.