Finalist: Best Business Book - International Book Awards
Finalist: Best Career Advice Book - Foreword INDIES Book Award
A SELF-HELP BOOK FOR PEOPLE SURROUNDED BY OBVIOUS ADVICE
This entertainingly irreverent book from Wall Street Journal bestselling author and occasional Georgetown Universityprofessor Rohit Bhargava filled is with brutally honest secrets of success no one has ever dared to tell you.
Start smoking? Be a cross-dresser? Procrastinate more? Make people cry? Learn to yodel?
Reading just a few of these “secrets,” you might wonder if this book is serious. Indeed, it is. Through a bite-size collection of 15 quirky and insightful stories told in a highly readable non-boring style, you’ll learn how to:
- Think faster on your feet when things go wrong
- Be the type of person everyone wants to work with
- Get better at starting (and ending) conversations
- Find resilience after failure without losing optimism
- Stand out by being the most approachable person in any room
For anyone sick of hearing you should do what you love, take more risks and make mistakes, this empowering book is like a desperately needed pair of noise-canceling headphones for uselessly obvious advice. Instead, Always Eat Left Handed offers a real world, no-nonsense playbook for getting ahead in school, work and life by doing exactly the opposite of what most people tell you. Starting, of course, with eating left handed.
|Edition description:||Updated ed.|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Read This First: Is This Book for You? 1
Introduction: Why Eat Left Handed? 3
Chapter 1 The Pomegranate Principle 9
I Think Better 17
Chapter 2 Be Forgetful 19
Chapter 3 Start Smoking 27
Chapter 4 Reinvent Your playlist 35
Chapter 5 Learn to Yodel 43
II Work Better 49
Chapter 6 Ignore Your Job 51
Chapter 7 Never Serve Burnt Toast 59
Chapter 8 Be a Cross-Dresser 65
Chapter 9 Procrastinate More 71
III Communicate Better 79
Chapter 10 Make Others Cry 81
Chapter 11 Interrupt Often 91
Chapter 12 Never Eat Cauliflower 97
Chapter 13 Write On Walls with a Sharpie 105
IV Connect Better 111
Chapter 14 Leave your Toys Out 113
Chapter 15 Rip Your Jeans 121
Chapter 16 Help people steal 127
Chapter 17 Why Most Good Advice is Useless 133
Afterword Why This Book Took 4 Years to Write… 139
3 Reasons to share this book 161
What People are Saying About This
PRAISE FOR PERSONALITY NOT INCLUDED
"Show people how to nail the single objective of it all: creating powerful conversations."
- Tim Ferriss, author of Four Hour Workweek and Tools For Titans
"One book I recommend every client and every agency person read right now."
- Carla Hendra, chairman Ogilvy New York
"Points us in an exciting new direction."
- Lucas Conley, Fast Company
"An essential addition to my library."
- Anastasia Goodstein, author of Totally Wired: What Teens and Tweens Are Really Doing Online
PRAISE FOR LIKEONOMICS
"Being more successful in business and life often requires the same thing. If you want to do both, read this book!"
- Deepak Chopra, author of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
"Great stories, clear tips and a strong point-of-view make this a rich read."
- Tim Sanders, author of The Likeability Factor and former Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo
"Highly entertaining book ... for anyone who needs to be persuasive."
- Nancy Duarte, author of Slideology and Resonate
"A wakeup call to companies and customers."
- Simon Mainwaring, author of We First
"One of the most readable business books out there."
- Scott Jordan, Entrepreneur and founder of Scottevest
"Required reading for everyone who wants to be a success and make a lasting difference in the world."
- Garr Reynolds, Professor of Management at Kansai Gaidai University, Japan
"A powerful idea every professional woman needs to hear."
- Marsha Firestone, Founder of the Women Presidents' Organization
PRAISE FOR NON-OBVIOUS
"Sharp, articulate, and immediately useful."
DANIEL H PINK, Author of Drive
"One of those rare books that delivers ... a great read!"
CHARLES DUHIGG, Author of Power of Habit
"If you believe in a lifetime of learning, read this book!"
JONATHAN BECHER - Former Chief Marketing Officer, SAP
"Insightful, thought provoking and illuminating!"
SHIV SINGH, SVP Global Head of Digital Transformation, VISA
"Trends that will shape your business and decision making."
SALLY HOGSHEAD, Author of Fascinate
"A goldmine of ideas and trends!"
GUY KAWASAKI, Bestselling author and Chief Evangelist of Canva