- Get it by Friday, September 29 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Put your local coffee bar to the test with Coffee Basics!
With thousands of coffee bars and restaurants serving an endless variety of blends, roasts, and brews, ordering a specialty coffee drink has become as daunting a task as selecting a fine wine. How can you distinguish between great coffee and great hype? Read Coffee Basics.
Kevin Knox and Julie Sheldon Huffaker have filled this handy reference with hundreds of industry truths and trade secrets. You'll learn the fundamentals of coffee buying, brewing, and tasting; and develop an aficionado's ability to see beyond the expensive trappings of today's coffee explosion. You'll discover:
- The basic coffee facts: its origin, history, and many varieties
- Step-by-step methods for selecting, roasting, blending, and flavoring coffee "to taste"
- A coffee taster's glossary
- Simple charts showing grind progression, relative grinding times, and regional characteristics
- The scoop on decaffeinated, organic, and espresso beans
- Specialty coffee recipes
- Lists of the best sources for beans and professional equipment
Whether you make coffee at home or at a fine restaurant, Coffee Basics offers a bottomless cup of brewing knowledge and drinking pleasure.
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x (d)|
About the Author
JULIE SHELDON HUFFAKER is a writer and editor who works with the specialty coffee industry.
KEVIN KNOX, Vice President and coffee buyer for Allegro and former coffee specialist for Starbucks, is the country's leading coffee expert.