"This book... has the capacity to transform lives, and connect people back to the state of mind that kept us joyful for thousands of generations." -Craig Foster, author of Sea Change: Primal Joy and the Art of Underwater Tracking
Nature, the original mindfulness teacher...
Amidst the stress and distraction of the Digital Age, it's easy to overlook the fact that our brains are adapted to thrive in close connection with the Earth, our senses keenly attuned to Nature's subtle signals. Meditating outdoors soothes the psyche, nourishes the body, and elevates creativity to new heights.
Meditation on Nature's patterns reawakens our deepest instinctive power and brightens our curiosity, as we journey into realizing our interdependence and connection with the larger web of life. Today, it's time for a reboot - and to once again invite the wisdom of the wild into our daily lives.
Through entertaining stories and over 36 engaging practices, expert outdoors mentor Josh Lane shares a pathway to exploring your own relationship with Nature for greater well-being and daily inspiration.
Drawing upon lessons from his ten-year apprenticeship in the ancient art of wildlife tracking, combined with insights gleaned from the latest research in brain-based learning and neuroscience, Josh demonstrates step-by-step how to develop your own complete practice of outdoor meditation, so that you can experience a richly rewarding personal connection with the world of Nature.
Journey with Josh on- and off-trail through the thickets and vistas of the inner and outer landscapes in this fun and highly practical guide to meditating in Nature.
Learn & Discover:
-How to find a Meditation Spot, your own "outdoor mindfulness studio"
-Transformational techniques for harnessing the Five Key Brain States of Awareness for more peace, joy, and well-being
-How to read the "secret" language of the animals, while blending in with the rhythms of Nature
-Why birdsong is Nature's original mantra: how skillful attunement to Nature's patterns can transform your consciousness, awakening renewed creativity and a deeper sense of grounding
-How to unlock the power of questioning and the art of journaling to expand your awareness in Nature
-The many health & cognitive benefits you can enjoy from meditating outdoors, and how these practices literally rewire your brain and reprogram your cells for greater wellness
-Learn a complete four-part meditation sequence that enlivens the mind, heart and senses
-Explore over 36 awareness practices and techniques you can apply around your home or in the deepest wilderness
Who This Book is For:
- You want to learn how to bring mindfulness into your nature experience; learn techniques to ditch stress and enjoy the moment, with more peace and grounding in your life
- You long to understand Nature's language, and feel more connected with all of your senses awakened
- Perfect both for seasoned Outdoor Guides & also for new practitioners of nature connection, forest bathing (shinrin yoku) & forest therapy who want a deeper understanding of the beneficial changes arising in the brain and body through sensory awareness, meditation, and connection with the Nature within and around us
"...the new gold standard for the how and why of mindfulness. This book will help you achieve balance using simple techniques that are easily integrated into your every day life. Josh offers tangible takeaways for personal nature connection, helping relieve stress and increase health. Backed by science and story, Josh's writings are an easy, informative and fun read. This book is the perfect place to start your journey to true connection and happiness." - Nicole Apelian, Ph.D.
|Publisher:||Conscious Nature LLC|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.74(d)|
About the Author
Bringing forward a depth of experience from his journeys in the realms of ancient Earth connection skills, Qi Gong, and meditation, Josh's vision is to help bridge the healing power of Nature into the modern experience, enlivening creativity and well-being through a conscious, primal connection with the Earth.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1 - FOUNDATIONS
1. We Are Nature 3
2. Going Into Nature 26
3. How Meditating in Nature Helps Us Feel & Be Our Best 44
4. Finding a Meditation Spot in Nature 56
5. The Nature of Action & Stillness 77
6. Empowering Your Sensory Awareness 97
7. Flex Your Question Muscle 116
8. Moving Mindfully in Nature 132
9. The Great Dance & Trickster’s Cave 150
10. Getting Grounded 170
SECTION 2 - THE MEDITATION CYCLE
11. “I’m Here...” Arriving to Meditate 187
12. Tuning In 197
13. Expanding Through the Senses 204
14. Further Expansion into Nature’s Conversation 223
15. Gathering & Returning 234
SECTION 3 - ADVANCED PRACTICE
16. Being Nature 247
SECTION 4 - APPENDICES
Appendix A. List of All Practices 271
Appendix B. Practice Journal Template 275
Appendix C. Practices & Related Brain States 279 Appendix
D. Holistic Meditation Sequence 283
Continue Your Journey 299
About the Author 305
Thank You 307