Planet Heartbreak is a compilation of sixty-two stories written by women who have experienced Wife Abandonment Syndrome – when a husband leaves what his wife believed to be a happy marriage without ever having told her that he was unhappy or thinking of leaving. He often directly moves in with an affair partner, leaving his traumatized wife totally devastated. This will undoubtedly be the defining event in her life, and although recovery is a struggle, many women find that it forces them to reinvent themselves in positive and exciting new ways.
The spellbinding short stories in Planet Heartbreak describe how the wife found out that her husband was leaving and outlines the events around his departure but, more importantly, explores the emotional process the woman goes through integrating the fact that her life as she knew it, as if hit by a tsunami, was suddenly over. Written by women at varying lengths of time since the husband left, from two months to fifteen years, the storytellers vividly express their shock and heartbreak, but also offer insight, provide strategies for recovery, share their wisdom, and inspire the reader to keep reaching to love life again.
The book is edited by Vikki Stark, family therapist known worldwide as a divorce recovery expert, and author of Runaway Husbands: The Abandoned Wife's Guide to Recovery and Renewal, the companion volume to Planet Heartbreak. Runaway Husbands is the bible for wives who have experienced abandonment, providing a deep understanding of Wife Abandonment Syndrome and detailed strategies to help women rebuild their lives. The website associated with the book has become the place women meet to encourage each other and help them feel that they are not crazy and not alone. The stories in Planet Heartbreak are written by women from this community.
|Publisher:||Green Light Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.59(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents1. Abandonment 101
2. So It Hit Me
Debbie, British Columbia, Canada
3. Still Standing
Julie, Douglas, Massachusetts
4. If Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade
5. Life Is Not a Dress Rehearsal
6. Learning to Live with What's Left of My Grief
Anna, Viborg, Denmark
7. Love Is an Action Word
Stevia, Chicago, Illinois
8. A Warm, Pink Glow
Fran, Raleigh, North Carolina
9. Weed, Guinness, and Watermelon
April , Portland, Oregon
10. Who Are You?
11. Digging New Neural Trenches
Virginia, Anchorage, Alaska
12. He Went to the Toilet and Never Came Back!
Janet, Leicester, England
13. Suddenly Single and 40 . . . Need I Say More?
Kerry, Fairhaven, Massachusetts
14. Putting One Foot in Front of the Other
Susan, San Francisco, California
15. My Dog, Louie, Got it Right!
Sophie, New York State
16. Life Is about Choice and Gratitude
17. I'm a Good Person and So Are You
Kay, East Rochester, New York
18. I Don't Want a New Normal; I Want My Old Normal!
Jo, Ashland, Oregon
Anna, Toronto, Ontario
20. You Don't Make Enough Money . . .
Susan, Lufkin, Texas
21. Broken Open
22. Don't Let the Door Hit Your Butt on the Way Out!
C'iaran, Dublin, Ohio
23. 'Til Death Do Us Part . . .
Grace, Bay Shore, New York
24. Life Goes On
Shirley, Toronto, Ontario
Daniela, Brisbane, Australia
26. A Real Heartbreaker
Tamara, Tulsa, Oklahoma
27. How I Survived Eighteen Months of Hell kathi, Naples, Florida
Meredith, Hudson, Ohio
Julie, Nottingham, England
30. August 10
Cory, San Antonio, Texas
31. The Need to Help
Racquelle, British Columbia
32. We Can Do It!
JoAnne, Flemington, New Jersey
33. Fake It Till You Make It!
Heather, Long Island, New York
34. He Stopped Loving Me but Forgot to Tell Me
35. Awakening to a New Reality
Judithe, Tampa, Florida
36. Operation Truth Bomb
Susan, Orlando, Florida
37. My Dance-Away Husband
Patricia, Peachtree City, Georgia
38. Family, Friends, and Validation
Maria, Toronto, Ontario
39. Top Tips for Surviving
Fiona, Leicester, England
40. Coping! Still Hoping . . .
Barbara, San Antonio, Texas
Eryn, St. Paul, Minnesota
42. My Baby . . . He Wrote Me a Letter
Diane, Hickory, North Carolina
43. Even the Dog
Trudy, Houston, Texas
44. At Last Freedom!
45. Never in a Million Years
Cathy, Calgary, Alberta
46. Time Will Be Your Friend, Your Enemy, Your Lover, and Your Confidante
Maria, Seattle, Washington
47. "You're So Controlling . . . But Can You Help Me Tell the Kids I'm Leaving?"
Nicole, British Columbia
48. I Am OK
Virginia, Elmwood Park, Illinois
49. To Hell and Back: A Timeline
Lina, Montreal, Quebec
50. Lifted Up
51. You Need to Take Off to Put On
Lorie, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
52. Crepe Myrtle Trees in Bloom
Meredith, Greenville, South Carolina
53. Grateful for this Life Experience
Lief, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
54. No Plan, No Explanation, No Relationship after Twenty-Six Years Today
Sara, Vancouver, British Columbia
55. Always Keep Your Eyes on Your Honey and Your Money
Laura, American Canyon, California
56. Neighbors-More than Friends
Katherine, Albany, New York
57. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
Sarah, Pardeeville, Wisconsin
58. Suddenly Single
Jane, Cape Town, South Africa
59. The Brazilian Taxi Cab Driver's Philosophy of Life
Natalie, Columbus, Ohio
Marly, Piermont, New York
61. Making Ice Cream to Heal a Broken Heart
Emma, Wimbledon, England,
62. Women Stand Together in Strength
Alison, Gorey, Ireland