Profiles of Excellence: Achieving Success in the Nonprofit Sector / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
A Publication of INDEPENDENT SECTOR
Detailed case studies reveal how nonprofits can achieve excellenceby applying basic qualities of outstanding leadership: a clearlyarticulated sense of mission, a dynamic leader, and involved andcommitted governing board, and the ability to raise funds andmotivate volunteers.
About the Author
E. B. Knauft and Renee A. Berger are the authors of Profiles of Excellence: Achieving Success in the Nonprofit Sector, published by Wiley.
Table of Contents
Part One: The Four Hallmarks of Excellence.
1. The Primacy of Mission.
2. Effective Leadership.
3. A Dynamic Board.
4. Strong Development Programs.
Part Two: Excellence in Action: Case Studies of OutstandingNonprofit Organizations.
5. Atlanta Historical Society: Adapting to Changing Times.
6. Baxter Community Center: Getting an Agency Back on ItsFeet.
7. East Bay Asian Local Development Center: Entrepreneurship at theGrass Roots.
8. Guadalupe Center: Leadership that Heals.
9. Indian Health Board: Challenging the Status Quo.
10. Interlochen Center for the Arts: Unswerving Dedication toMission.
11. Northside Center for Child Development: Managing LeadershipTransititons.
12. San Francisco Education Fund: A Pioneer Manages the Problems ofSuccess.
13. Seattle Emergency Housing Inc.: Building Partnerships.
14. Upward Fund Afterschool: Leadership for Independence.
Part Three: Achieving Excellence.
15. Making Mission Meaningful: Building and Using a Strong MissionStatement.
16. Developing Leadership Skills.
17. Guidelines for Enhancing Board Effectivenss.
18. Raising Funds and Moblizing Volunteers.
Conclusion: Planning for Excellence.