The Amazing Antioxidant Everyone Is Talking About!
Are you looking for an effective way to fight the effects of aging and free radical damage? Would you like to reach and maintain your body's optimal health? There may be no stronger way than with antioxidants—and there may be no stronger antioxidant than alpha lipoic acid. This remarkable coenzyme, which occurs naturally in younger bodies but gradually diminishes with age, may very well be one of our best defenses against disease and aging. In this balanced and informative book, Burt Berkson, M.D., shows you how supplementing your diet with alpha lipoic acid might help:
• Protect against heart disease
• Prevent or treat complications of diabetes
• Prevent the progression of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease
• Protect against cancer and strokes
• Fight chronic liver disease
• Combat the aging process
• And much more!
Revealing the science behind this amazing antioxidant, Alpha Lipoic Acid Breakthrough provides a plan of action for improving your health starting now!
|Product dimensions:||5.52(w) x 8.45(h) x 0.44(d)|
About the Author
Burt Berkson, M.D., Ph.D., one of the world's foremost authorities on alpha lipoic acid, is the principal FDA investigator for its intravenous use and a consultant to the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Table of Contents
1. How Modern Life Affects Health: The ALA Connection
2. Biology, Nutrition, and Supplements: The Role of ALA in Keeping Us Healthy
3. Aging: How ALA Can Slow It Down
4. Fighting the Free Radicals That Cause Aging and Cellular Damage: ALA As Antioxidant and Chelating Agent
5. Cancer: Can ALA Treat and Prevent Cancer?
6. Liver Function: The Important Role of ALA
7. Diabetes Mellitus: How ALA Can Treat Complications
8. Heart Attack, Stroke, and Cardiovascular Disease: How ALA Can Help
9. My Prescription for Good Health: ALA As Part of a Whole-Life Plan