Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success

Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success

by Rory Vaden

Paperback

$14.40 $16.00 Save 10% Current price is $14.4, Original price is $16. You Save 10%.
View All Available Formats & Editions
Want it by Wednesday, November 21 Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.

Product Details

ISBN-13: 9780399537769
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Publication date: 12/31/2012
Pages: 224
Sales rank: 98,858
Product dimensions: 5.40(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.60(d)
Age Range: 18 Years

About the Author

Rory Vaden is a self-discipline strategist, cofounder of the international training company Southwestern Consulting, and a New York Times bestselling author. As an author and business motivational speaker, Rory’s unique insights have been shared on Oprah Radio, as well as in BusinessweekPublishers Weekly, and Success magazine. He is the author of Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success.

Table of Contents

Introduction: Waking Up in a ProcrastiNation 1

1 Sacrifice: The Paradox Principle 31

2 Commitment: The Buy-In Principle 49

3 Focus: The Magnification Principle 75

4 Integrity: The Creation Principle 99

5 Schedule: The Harvest Principle 121

6 Faith: The Perspective Principle 151

7 Action: The Pendulum Principle 171

Final Note: Time to Climb 191

Readers Guide 195

Acknowledgments 205

What People are Saying About This

From the Publisher


"You can't spend 30 seconds around Rory without getting inspired to change your life. You're about to spend a few hours with him. Get ready."
—Jon Acuff, bestselling author of Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See All Customer Reviews

Take the Stairs 5 out of 5 based on 0 ratings. 8 reviews.
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
This book is great! I'm so motivated to become disciplined in everything I do. I truly feel like this book will aid in making me become the most effective and influential person that I can be. Get it!!
MelodyJ More than 1 year ago
Our society is caught up in looking for the fast and easy way out of, into, or around everything rather than putting in the hard work and effort necessary to do things right. Everyone is looking for the “easy” button for life. As I read the principles and techniques that Rory presents – and especially as I began to put the techniques into practice – I realized that this IS the easy button! We can keep doing the same old thing which will just prolong and magnify our problems (making our life even more difficult), or we can follow these steps and our life will get much easier and we will finally achieve the success and happiness we seek. In Rory’s own words, “… the short term difficult leads to the long term easy.” This book is definitely a must read!
Boomer Perrault More than 1 year ago
The first book I read in the, personal development department. Gives motivation and practical advice to help set and achieve goals. Highly recommend!
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
I think so many of us know what we should do but just don't. We justify or explain away why we "can't" accomplish things or why it just won't work. 99% is baloney and the other 1% can be creatively worked around, through, over, or under. This book lays bare what is need ed to be done no matter what goals you may have. Very motivating and a great kick in the pants.
Anonymous More than 1 year ago
DawnBeauvais More than 1 year ago
Rory's straight talk can guide you to success in any area of your life. This is a must read!
MaryGarrison More than 1 year ago
This book is a classic and I am confident will help thousands reach their goals. I know it has helped me. In addition to providing step-by-step practical and usable techniques and strategies to help readers better manage their time and goals, the first-person stories were incredibly compelling and inspiring, and the core message propelled me into taking immediate action to improve the quality of my life.
KBarrow More than 1 year ago
As I read through Rory's book, I am constantly underlining everything I want to remember so the pages are all marked up. This is a great read for everyone who has ever yearned for success in life and wondered why it always seems just out of your grasp.