In The Migraine Relief Diet, author and certified nutritionist Tara Spencer offers a simple cleanse, easy-to-follow meal plan, and delicious recipes for migraine headache reduction. A migraine sufferer herself for nearly twenty years, Spencer took control of her diet and eliminated her personal trigger foods to dramatically reduce her migraines.
Tara shares her methods to help readers identify dietary triggers and guide them towards migraine relief, with:
- An in-depth migraine overview (beyond "a really bad headache") to encompass other severe, prolonged symptoms
- A 3-day cleanse, including symptom tracker, meal plan, and coping strategies
- A 28-day meal plan featuring wholesome, migraine-safe recipes from breakfasts to mains and everything in between
- A post-cleanse reintroduction diet to safely incorporate trigger foods
- Time-saving strategies and health-boosting activities to reduce stress
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Written with guidance from the Association of Migraine Disorders, Tara Spencer lends her experience with using diet as a natural treatment for a number of illnesses and eating disorders. She is a freelance journalist, and qualified nutritionist and personal trainer.
Frederick Godley, III, MD, FACS, is the President of the Association of Migraine Disorders. Dr. Godley is a general otolaryngologist at University Otolaryngology in Rhode Island. Dr. Godley regularly writes articles for the Association of Migraine Disorders and other news outlets.
Michael Teixido, MD, is the Vice President of the Association of Migraine Disorders. Dr. Teixido is an otolaryngologist with a neurologic practice at ENT & Allergy of Delaware.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Understanding Migraines
1 A Complex Disorder 15
2 A Whole-Body Approach 29
Part 2 Plan of Attack
3 A Dietary Approach 43
5 3-Day Cleanse and 28-Day Meal Plan 53
5 Reintroduction 77
Part 3 The Recipes
6 Breakfasts 89
7 Soups and Salads 105
8 Mains: Meat, Poultry, and Seafood 121
9 Mains: Vegetari an 146
10 Snacks 169
11 Desserts 179
12 Kitchen Staples 195
Appendix A Tips for Eating Out 203
Appendix B Where to Shop 205
Recipe Index 210