For many years, the Aztecs have captured our imaginations. Stories from the original European invaders combined with unique, awe-inspiring ruins and legends that speak of palaces of gold create an image of Aztec society defined by grandeur, wealth, and splendor.
But who exactly were the Aztecs? Where did they come from? How did they rise to control such a wide expanse of land? And if they were so powerful, how was it possible for them to fall from power and dominance just three years after contact was first made with the Spaniards?
These are just some of the questions that this new captivating history book aims to answer.
In Aztec History: A Captivating Guide to the Aztec Empire, Mythology, and Civilization you will discover topics such as:
- Where Did the Aztecs Live?
- The Truth About Who the Aztecs Really Were
- Remarkable Insights into Government, City-States, and Expansion
- The Arrival of the Spanish and the Decline of the Empire
- A Day in the Life of an Aztec Citizen
- The Sovereign, the Dignitaries, and the Nobles
- Agriculture and Diet
- Shocking Discoveries of Human Sacrifice
- And much, much more!
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.15(d)|
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 –WHERE DID THE AZTECS LIVE?
CHAPTER 2 –WHO WERE THE AZTECS?
CHAPTER 3 – GOVERNMENT, CITY-STATES, AND EXPANSION
CHAPTER 4 –THE ARRIVAL OF THE SPANISH AND THE DECLINE OF THE EMPIRE
CHAPTER 5 –A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN AZTEC CITIZEN
CHAPTER 6 – AGRICULTURE AND DIET
CHAPTER 7 – RELIGION
CHAPTER 8 – SPORTS