“You’ve got me all wrong.”
Inspired by his nine-book Conversations with God series, many people have asked Neale Donald Walsch to find a way to deliver the most essential pieces of God’s message to us in a more succinct way.
This concise text details and expands just what we need to know about life and how to live it. Bringing his many conversations over the years into sharper focus than ever before, Walsch in What God Said encourages readers to cast aside religious and cultural trappings. To experience life as fallible—and human—beings, open-minded, open-hearted, and all-embracing, and to build on, broaden, and enrich our Ancient Story.
But to move forward on this ever-expanding and encompassing spiritual voyage means not only understanding what Walsch considers the most important insights of his Conversations with God, but also applying them in the most practical ways. And so Walsch has included solid suggestions on how to apply each of the 25 Core Messages in daily life. Should humanity begin carrying these messages forward, starting today, we can change the world.
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Read an Excerpt
Here, in one thousand words, is all that the human race needs to know in order to live the life for which it has yearned and which, despite trying for thousands of years, it has yet to produce. Carry these messages to your world:
- We are all One. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing there is. This means that you are Divine. You are not your body, you are not your mind, and you are not your soul. You are the unique combination of all three, which comprises the Totality Of You. You are an individuation of Divinity; an expression of God on Earth.
- There’s enough. It is not necessary to compete for, much less fight over, your resources. All you have to do is share.
- There’s nothing you have to do. There is much you will do, but nothing you are required to do. God wants nothing, needs nothing, demands nothing, commands nothing.
- God talks to everyone, all the time. The question is not: To whom does God talk? The question is: Who listens?
- There are Three Basic Principles of Life: Functionality, Adaptability, and Sustainability.
- There is no such thing as Right and Wrong, there is only What Works and What Does Not Work, given what it is you are trying to do.
- In the spiritual sense, there are no victims and no villains in the world, although in the human sense it appears that there surely are. Yet because you are Divine, everything that happens ultimately benefits you.
- No one does anything inappropriate, given their model of the world.
- There is no such place as hell, and eternal damnation does not exist.
- Death does not exist. What you call “death” is merely a process of Re-Identification.
- There is no such thing as Space and Time, there is only Here and Now.
- Love is all there is.
- You are the creator of your own reality, using the Three Tools of Creation: Thought, Word, and Action.
- Your life has nothing to do with you. It is about everyone whose life you touch and how you touch it.
- The purpose of your life is to re-create yourself anew in the next grandest version of the greatest vision ever you held about Who You Are.
- The moment you declare anything, everything unlike it will come into the space. This is the Law of Opposites, producing a contextual field within which that which you wish to express may be experienced.
- There is no such thing as Absolute Truth. All truth is subjective. Within this framework there are five levels of truth telling: Tell your truth to yourself about yourself; Tell your truth to yourself about another; Tell your truth about yourself to another; Tell your truth about another to another; Tell your truth to everyone about everything.
- The human race lives within a precise set of illusions. The Ten Illusions of Humans are Need Exists, Failure Exists, Disunity Exists, Insu? ciency Exists, Requirement Exists, Judgment Exists, Condemnation Exists, Conditionality Exists, Superiority Exists, and Ignorance Exists. These illusions are meant to serve humanity, but it must learn how to use them.
- The Three Core Concepts of Holistic Living are Honesty, Awareness, and Responsibility. Live according to these precepts and self-anger will disappear from your life.
- Life functions within a Be-Do-Have paradigm. Most people have this backward, imagining that first one must “have” things in order to “do” things, thus to “be” what they wish to be. Reversing this process is the fastest way to experience mastery in living.
- There are Three Levels of Awareness: Hope, Faith, and Knowing. Spiritual mastery is about living from the third level.
- There are Five Fallacies about God that create crisis, violence, killing, and war. First, the idea that God needs something. Second, the idea that God can fail to get what He needs. Third, the idea that God has separated you from Him because you have not given Him what He needs. Fourth, the idea that God still needs what He needs so badly that God now requires you, from your separated position, to give it to Him. Fifth, the idea that God will destroy you if you do not meet His requirements.
- There are also Five Fallacies about Life that likewise create crisis, violence, killing, and war. First, the idea that human beings are separate from each other. Second, the idea that there is not enough of what human beings need to be happy. Third, the idea that in order to get the stuff of which there is not enough, human beings must compete with each other. Fourth, the idea that some human beings are better than other human beings. Fifth, the idea that it is appropriate for human beings to resolve severe differences created by all the other fallacies by killing each other.
- You think you are being terrorized by other people, but in truth you are being terrorized by your beliefs. Your experience of yourself and your world will shift dramatically if you adopt, collectively, the Five Steps to Peace:
- Permit yourself to acknowledge that some of your old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.
- Explore the possibility that there is something you do not fully understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which would change everything.
- Announce that you are willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.
- Courageously examine these new understandings and, if they align with your personal inner truth and knowing, enlarge your belief system to include them.
- Express your life as a demonstration of your highest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.
- Let there be a New Gospel for all the people of Earth: “We are all one. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.”
The one thousand words here, embraced and acted on, could change your world in a single generation.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Great summation of the top 25 teachings of the Conversatios with God series.
The book will help you do some soul searching.
Where can I start with this book review? Oh, right! 2 Stars! Let me tell you, why... As we know this book is obviously in the Spirituality section, however, it is in my point of view not considered "Religion" or "Religious". Many people have had messages from God in different ways, some, whom I have met have said the same message some one else said that they have not even met one another! I highly know for a fact that this book is full on doubt, literally. I'm an Orthodox Christian, and as far as I am concerned there is lots of debate on what "Religion" actually is. I have visited lots of churches and have spoken to lots of different Christians and heard their opinions on religion, to summarize it all up. They condemn the practices of the Orthodox and the Catholic church. By all means, not visiting one, or meeting someone from that parish themselves, they just simply, "assume." As we know with the Bible, God is a loving God, yes this book has that correct. But God is also a judge, a ruler of all, the king of kings the lord of lords. The bible shows Yahweh's wrath and explains Yeshua (Jesus's) and how he came into the world to save sinners. I won't go into the whole debate on God's wrath here etc, but this book is clearly telling you to ignore God's wrath all together. You can't ignore God's judgment, its there in the Bible, ok, period. God's love is an unconditional love. This book summarizes pretty much everything of what Christianity IS. The downfall of this book is that the author throws in a lot of "What If"s about God. God is not a "What If" person, I only know one person and that is the father of all lies, Satan, he is the WHAT IF. I understand that there are many other reviews regarding this book and this guy made a ton of money to do so. But remember, false teachers and wolf's in sheeps clothing. I picked up this book out of curiosity since the title got caught my eye. And I HAVE been getting messages from God and they weren't messages like this one. So with that being said, this book is 2 stars. If you want to be deceived and read this book, go ahead. But I've read all over the internet agnostic & atheist views plus Christian views themselves, and they DISAGREE. Simply, me reading this book, being a Christian and all that. It led my way of thinking AWAY FROM GOD not towards him. Have a blessed day. & remember, choose your books wisely.